Friday 28 May 2010

New blog about dance teaching

After a thorough research on the web trying to find a blog about dance teaching I decided to start my own. I am intending to use it as a place to share my thoughts and experiences on teaching contemporary dance. I am a freelance dancer living in London and I teach on a regular basis in between my dancing contracts. I can not pretend to be an expert in pedagogy but it is a subject that fascinates me. I will try to tell you about my mistakes and successes. I mainly teach technical classes but also creative workshops and every summer I train future teachers in basic anatomy. Please feel free to comment or argue against anything you read. Debating is one of my favourite hobby. Questioning and reassessing are two very important things in order to be a good teacher. And this will be the subject of my first post.

No comments:

Post a Comment